May 21, 2015

Feature & Follow: Writing Reviews

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

The point of Feature and Follow is to meet new people & gain followers in the book blog community!

How it works: Each week, Rachel and Alison post a question for bloggers to answer, provide a bloghop link, and choose two lucky participants to feature in their blogs!



Question of the Week: How do you write your reviews?



I honestly try to review a book right after I finish it so it's still fresh in my mind.

First, I grab the book information (publisher, publish date, etc) off Goodreads. I state my rating and tell how I acquired the book (purchased, won, ARC provided by author/publisher, etc). Then I write about my first thoughts, I state my likes and dislikes, and I add any quotes that spoke to me.

I've recently added a TL;DR (too long; didn't read) section to my reviews. Haha! It's just a brief summary of my thoughts in case people don't want to read the entire review.



How about you? How do you write you reviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment